Domino applications enable people to share, collect, track, and organize information, using Lotus Notes or the Web. Using Lotus Domino Designer, developers can create applications to meet a variety of business needs, including:
- Workflow applications that route information.
- Tracking applications that monitor processes, projects, performance, or tasks.
- Collaboration applications that create a forum for discussion and collaboration.
- Data integration applications that work with relational databases and transactional systems.
- Dynamic applications that produce content based on, for example, user name, user profile, access rights, or time of day.
- Localization and Management applications that use Domino Global WorkBench to translate Lotus Domino databases and Web sites.
Additionally, Lotus Domino Designer can create Lotus Notes components to be used in a larger composite application.
All Notes applications contain one or more databases. You create a database to use as the container for the data, logic, and design elements in your application. Design elements include: