Your Lotus Domino server supports various protocols that are enabled on the Ports tab of the server document. The following protocols can be enabled:
HTTP: Used for Web access.
- IIOP: Used to allow Java code to run on the server.
- LDAP: Used for addressing services.
- POP3: Used to access Internet mail, typically used by clients such as Netscape Navigator.
- IMAP: Used to access Internet mail, typically used by clients such as Microsoft Outlook.
- SSL: Used to provide data encryption and security.
Select a protocol based on the intended use when changing the Server document settings.