Domino uses a Registration server to define changes made to the Directory and then replicates the changes to all Lotus Domino servers in the domain. By using a single instance of the Directory for all changes, consistency is maintained throughout the domain.
A registration server is defined using the Administrator client. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click the File menu and select Preferences.
- Select Administration Preferences from the submenu.
- From the available selections, click Registration. This tab allows an administrator to select a registration server.
- Select the Registration Server button.
- Select the server to be used as the registration server and click OK. Click OK again to close the Administration Preferences dialog box. The registration server is now set.